The Kölnischer Kunstverein was founded in 1839 and is one of the oldest institution for contemporary art in the Rhineland. Many artists, which received a show here – such as Max Ernst (1919), Hans Arp (1919) and Paul Klee (1932) – have long been an important position in art history. With exhibitions like “Happening and Fluxus”, curated in 1970 by Harald Szeemann, the Kunstverein has hosted influential events and exhibitions in art history. Recently, the Kunstverein has repeatedly displayed outstanding artistic positions. This way the Kölnischer Kunstverein generates, for over 175 years, significant contribution to the question of what is art in its time. The association’s work is supported by a broad public and the commitment of its members, and the membership partakes an important role for the financial support of the Kunstverein.
- The opportunity to buy limited editions and Jahresgaben by internationally renowned artists at priviliged rates and is exclusively for members of the Kunstverein.
- You not only get free admission to all exhibitions and events of the Kölnischer Kunstverein, but also to all members of the ADKV.
- The invitations and information on all events of the Kölnischer Kunstverein can be obtained easily by mail to your address.
- You pay discounted rates for all catalogs and publications of the Kölnischer Kunstverein.
- Every year, we give you an original work of art that is produced as a members gift (Vereinsgabe) exclusively for the members of the Kölnischer Kunstverein.
- For movie enthusiasts: Reduced admission to the screenings by the Filmclub 813 in the cinema.
Single member: 60,- Euro
Additional family member: 20,- Euro
Supporting Member: from 550,- Euro
Patrons: from 2.500,- Euro
plus 10,- Euro for address abroad
Students, pupils, trainees: 25,- Euro
To take a reduced membership in claim, please promptly submit to us your application a student or student status.
Cancellation of membership
The termination of your membership is always possible towards the end of the year. The deadline for a written notice is the December 30th. All cancellations received after this date will not be considered.