The Kölnischer Kunstverein was founded in 1839 and is one of the oldest institution for contemporary art in the Rhineland. Many artists, which received a show here – such as Max Ernst (1919), Hans Arp (1919) and Paul Klee (1932) – have long been an important position in art history. With exhibitions like Happening and Fluxus, curated in 1970 by Harald Szeemann, the Kunstverein has hosted influential events and exhibitions in art history. Recently, the Kunstverein has repeatedly displayed outstanding artistic positions. This way the Kölnischer Kunstverein generates, for over 180 years, significant contribution to the question of what is art in its time.
The work of the Kunstverein is supported by a broad public and the commitment of its members, and the membership partakes an important role for the financial support of the Kunstverein.
As a member you support the various activities of the institution with your contribution and get:
- the invitations and information on events of the Kölnischer Kunstverein by mail to your address.
- free admission to all exhibitions and events of the Kölnischer Kunstverein, but also to all members of the AdKV.
- the opportunity to buy Jahresgaben and limited editions by internationally renowned artists at priviliged rates and is exclusively for members of the Kunstverein.
- discounted rates for all catalogues and publications of the Kölnischer Kunstverein.
- the Vereinsgabe – an original work of art that is produced as a members edition exclusively for the members of the Kölnischer Kunstverein.
A membership is valid for one year and will be automatically renewed.
The membership fee will always be charged for a whole calendar year (01.01. – 31.12.). Therefore, a membership that is concluded during the year will be charged at the full membership fee.
The cancellation of a membership is possible at the end of the year. The last date for the written cancellation is 30 December. All cancellations received after this date cannot be considered.
I apply for the following membership